Wednesday, August 16, 2006

This afternoon's nap started in the big bed, but Cole got up so it ended in the crib. When I heard him start talking after an hour, I went into his room to get him. I got quite a surprise. Cole was standing at the side of the crib naked from the waist down.

"I took my pants and diaper off," he said very matter of factly.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"It was poopy."

Sure enough, the diaper neatly placed in the corner of the crib was poopy.

I've heard horror stories of kids who play with the poop when they take off their diapers, so I feel very fortunate. Potty training is definitely in the near future.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Potty training, my most hated and dreaded of all motherhood tasks. Em started the removal of the diaper a couple months back but her psychotic mobility meant poop getting strewn about the bedroom and/or house depending on the place and time of diaper removal.
I'll cross my fingers Cole is a good potty trainer. Mine were all (so far) in the remedial class.