Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Ballad of Old Crust and Poopy Head

I knew this day would come. Every mother of older boys had warned me.

Cole and Jay have begun to play with pretend guns. Since we don't have any toys resembling guns, they made theirs out of Legos.

After explaining that real guns are serious and can hurt people very badly when used the wrong way, I eavesdropped on their play.

After firing a hail of Legos at each other, Cole decided there should be good guys and bad guys. And, since he and Jay were good guys, they needed names.

"My name is Old Crust," said Cole. "Jay, what is your name going to be?"

"Ummm," said Jay, thinking hard. "Poopy Head!"

So, Old Crust and his trusty sidekick Poopy Head galloped around the house, shooting Legos at all the bad guys.

We all slept well knowing that they had kept our little corner of the world safe and secure for another day.

May Old Crust and Poopy Head ride again!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoy reading all of the adventures of you and your boys but laughed so hard at The Ballad of Old Crust and Poopy Head that I have shared it with others. Thank you so much for this blog - it brightens my day each time I read it. I do think that you have not only moved into Erma Bombeck's house but you also have her incredible story telling talent. I know you through your fabulous mother, Carlene. She and I were college roommates.

Susanna Yunker

Robyn said...

I read this 3 times and giggled out loud every time. Old Crust and Poopy Head are absolutely priceless!! :)

Unknown said...

Old Crust, huh? I guess he is 5 now...

Anonymous said...

[... ] is another great source on this subject[...]