Tuesday, June 13, 2006

New Trike

We decided to get Cole a tricycle after he hogged his friend Amelia's at her birthday party, shreiking "NO! MINE!" when anyone came close. In Target he was so excited and kept saying "my bike, my bike" over and over. He became a little upset when he realized we had to take it home before he could ride it. Once home he was utterly dismayed to discover we had to assemble it. When we finally got it together and working, we couldn't get him off it! I think he would have slept on it if we had let him. The next afternoon he didn't nap he was so excited. After about an hour of listening to him babble and cry, I finally let him get up. The first thing he said as I entered his room was "bike, bike." It is so much fun to see him this excited! It is also fun to watch him master a new skill--pedaling. At first he used his tippy toes to push himself along (like the Flintstone's car). Now he can work up some speed with the pedals. The goal now is to learn how to turn. The deck railing are getting beat up from head on collisions. I suspect, however, that collisions are part of the fun.

No comments: