Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Puppy Was a Rolling Stone

I've been touched by the concern and sympathy of family and friends in regards to Puppy. Your kind thoughts are greatly appreciated in our time of grief, especially now...

...because we have TWO puppies missing!!

Yes, you read that right. Two puppies.

Jay began asking for Puppy last week, so I got online and slogged through Beanie Baby websites until I discovered that Puppy's alias is "Fletch, the Golden Retriever, version 2.0" (not to be confused with version 1, which is missing the lightning bolt logo from his rump). I ordered the replacement and eagerly awaited his arrival from "Africa."

He came while I was in South Dakota at my cousin's wedding, so Rob got the honor of welcoming the prodigal puppy. Jay was ecstatic! Once again, Puppy got his own plate at dinner (with real food, of course); accompanied Jay everywhere; and snuggled next to Jay at night with his head on the pillow and blanket tucked under his chin.

The reunion was short lived, however, since the next day, Puppy II also disappeared. Apparently we can't tame the Beanie Baby wanderlust.

No comments: