Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Have You Seen This Puppy?

Our house is in full-scale search-and-rescue mode. Jay's beloved puppy, named Puppy, is missing. He was last seen on a picnic at Center Park on Daniel Island, where I dinstinctly remember bringing him to the car. Rob and I are panicked, since we believe Jay will be inconsolable soon. At the moment, however, Jay is remarkably calm about it. According to him, Puppy is having a great adventure:

Me: I haven't seen Puppy for awhile. Do you know where he is?


Jay: He's at work.


Me: Okay. Where is he working?


Jay: In... Africa.


Me: Did you put him someplace?


Jay: No. He had to go in the biggest airplane.


Me: Where will Puppy be when he comes home?


Jay: He has to stay for this many days (holds up five fingers).


Me: Well, it's fun to pretend Puppy's at work in Africa, isn't it? But I'd like to see him right now in real life. Do you know where he is in real life?


Jay (sounding slightly exasperated): Puppy's in Africa.


When Rob got home from work today, I told him about this conversation. He tried to question Jay about Puppy's whereabouts and got the same answers.


If you happen to go to work in Africa, please tell Puppy to come home!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok - I need to know where "puppy" went and how long he was gone. I think those of us who follow this blog religiously need to know!

Susanna Yunker
Carlene's college roommate and grandchild coverter

The Mama said...

I gotta know, too. What happened to Puppy?