Monday, August 04, 2008

A Week in the Life

Day One

Adventure Boy gave himself three boo-boos that will never heal because he keeps picking at them. When I get him up from his nap, his face is a bloody mess and he's chanting, "Me no pick. Me no pick. Me no pick." I know you picked, buddy. You can't fool me, yet.

I love these cute band-aids. I just didn't expect to use the entire box in one week.


Day Two
Rob was a whiz at Mock Trial and debate. He endlessly woos me with stories of his verbal prowess ((swoon)). I fully blame him for the following story.
Sunday afternoon, I wanted us all to eat in the dining room because we never eat lunch as a family. Cole wanted to eat in front of the TV. He spent a good 15 minutes outlining the reasons he should be allowed:
  1. We ate with daddy yesterday.
  2. I'll eat all my lunch.
  3. It's my turn to decide.
  4. I haven't watched a show in a really, really, really long time.
  5. You know how you want time to yourself sometimes? I want time to myself too.

Rob, appreciating his effort and logic, would have caved. I held strong and only promised a show after lunch.




Day ThreeMe: They use chlorine to clean things, right?

Rob: Yeah.

Me: So, wouldn't swimming count as a bath for the boys?

Rob: I really don't think the Mother of the Year would ask that.



Day Four
Update to Chatterbox:

Jay says "la-la good-bye" for lullaby.

Cole says "Gril" for girl and "chicken" for kitchen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matthew used to debate with me, just like Cole. Just wait until Cole gets older and his verbal and reasoning skills get even stronger!I usually had a headache by the time we were finished.