Thursday, October 11, 2007

Baby Jay Goes to School *sniff*



I finally enrolled Jay in a Moms Morning Out program at the same school as Cole. He is definitely ready! When we bring Cole to his classroom, Jay runs in first and starts playing with all the toys. People always laugh at how enthusiatic he is. Leaving the building takes a good 15 minutes because he wants to see the art on the walls, sit on all the benches, pick a tomato from the bush in front of the school, and look in all the classroom windows as we make our way to the car. I knew he would love to be in his own class, but I hadn't been quite ready to let him go (even though it is only 3 hours once a week).

On his first day, we took Cole to his classroom as usual. Jay protested as I dragged him out, but then started running down the hall. He was a bit confused when we walked passed the exit door--he stopped, made little squawking noises, and pointed at the door, like "Mommy, it's this way!" When we got to his room, he ran right in with no hestitation whatsoever.

The teacher greeted him while he surveyed the room. His expression said, "I get to play with all these toys? Sweet!" After I gave him a hug and told him to go play, he ran right over to the blocks and started taking them off the shelf. After watching a bit, I left. He didn't even look up when I said goodbye *sniff*. I felt strange walking out of the school without my little sidekick, but boy did I get a lot done that morning!

When I picked him up three hours later, he was still playing hard. The teacher seemed somewhat amazed at how well he did--I guess she is used to dealing with seperation anxiety (she got more from me than Jay!). His only tears came when we were leaving and he realized he couldn't bring the truck he was zooming around on the floor.

He goes back on Monday. The teacher warned that there may be some tears since now he knows I leave. But I think he will do just fine. It's me I'm not so sure about.

No comments: