Friday, November 17, 2006

HALLOWEEN (yes, I know this is almost a month late)


Cole loved Halloween this year! Jay had less fun, mostly because he sweated like crazy in his lion costume (made by Grandma Carlene who is used to bitter cold Halloween nights in the Midwest). At first we planned on only going to 5 or 6 close neighbors, but when Cole realized we were going home, he said, "No. More houses." His little voice was so sweet that even his demand sounded nice. So he and I kept going while Rob and Jay passed out treats at home. I was surprised--he was so shy at the first houses that I wasn't sure he was enjoying himself. We went to a few more houses, then a few more, then a few more. I think he would have kept going all night. He was adorable picking his treats. He studied the basket intently, like this was a critical decision, then very carefully selected a piece of candy. At the last house, he started swaying and his eyes glazed over. This time when I suggested going home, he didn't argue.

Once home, he instantly revived and wanted to try all his candy. Lucky for us, he spit most of it out (I really don't understand how a kid of mine could not like sweets). Jay was also excited by the candy, although more for the colors and the sounds the wrappers made.


After the excitement and sugar high wore off a bit, we got ready for bed. Cole would not take off his costume. I finally convinced him to take off the overalls so I could change his diaper, but the jacket stayed on all night. He really didn't want Halloween to end.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a really great fireman's jacket. So realistic! They couldn't be cuter. Can't wait for Christmas!