Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Two-Year-Old's Sense of Humor

A few funny things happened recently:

Cole has begun calling me "daddy," then laughing hysterically. He also points at me and says "That names daddy" and practically falls over from laughing.

The other day when we looked at his shape book, he pointed to an oval and said "triangle" then laughed and laughed. He kept saying the wrong shapes and finding it hilarious. The book only had the basic shapes and thanks to Blues Clues he was saying shapes like "trapezoid" and "octogon."

He also finds it really funny when Rob and I do things wrong. During his bath I sang "Row row row your boat," but instead of boat said "banana" and "octopus." He shreiked "No! Boat!" and about went under water from laughing so much. Then he amazed me by singing along to the whole song. He has never sung before. I didn't know he knew all the words. Every day something he does amazes me!

This afternoon he wanted to put on his shoes. I asked where he was going and he said "to work." (Daddy being at work is a big topic of conversation during the day). I asked where he worked and he said "in the car" and walked to the garage. Apparently he thinks Rob works in his car! I guess it makes sense since Rob drives off in the morning and is "at work."

At the store I was going to pour more juice into his sippy cup. I had him hold it while I poured and he shook it (of course). When the water that was in the cup hit the wall and formed a puddle he said very loudly "Oh my goodness!" A woman in the aisle burst out laughing. It was such a funny expression for a 2-year-old. I'm glad we have stopped swearing around him!

1 comment:

The Publican said...

It sounds like he is pretty intelligent and maybe even bored. He knows the right answer and thinks it's funny to give the wrong one. I used to do this in school all the time just for a laugh.